First, you'll need
- Coffee. (Medium grind)
- Coffee grinder.
- Coffee scale & a timer.
- Kettle. (Electric or a stove-top)
- A pitcher or a carafe.
- Clever Paper filter.
- Your favourite drinking cup.
- And lastly, a Clever dripper.
Data / Parameters
COFFEE-TO-WATER RATIO: 1:15
COFFEE AGE: 7 days past roast date
COFFEE DOSE: 17 grams
WATER WEIGHT: 255 mL
TEMPERATURE: 90°C to 93°C
TARGET BREWING TIME: 2 minutes 30 seconds to 3 minutes
Step by step guide:
- Heat water to the recommended temperature.
- Arrange your brewing set-up.
- Place your dripper on the carafe & filter paper in the dripper to clean and pre-heat it.
- Rinse the filter paper with hot water & remove the rinsing water from the carafe.
- Switch on your scale.
- Measure out 17 g of coffee & grind to Medium.
- Place only the Clever Dripper with the rinsed filter paper onto the scale, & tare.
- Transfer the ground coffee to the dripper, & tare.
- Start the timer & first pour to bloom, 55ml for 30 seconds.
- Use a spoon and stir to make sure all coffee grounds are saturated.
- Second pour, 200 ml at 00:30.
- Put the lid on and let it brew until 02:15.
- At 02:15, place the dripper on top of a server/carafe to start the draw-down.
- At 03:00 lift up the dripper and set aside.
- Swirl the carafe to evenly mix the coffee beverage.
- Serve & enjoy!
- If the brew tastes too sour, set your grind size finer.
-If the brew tastes too bitter, set your grind size coarser.