Anyone who is new to specialty coffee, or curious about specialty coffee.
Coffee enthusiasts, home baristas, cafe baristas, foodies, F&B staff, coffee entrepreneurs — to name a few!
Archers Academy students leave with:
- Industry-recognized credentials via an SCA Certificate & an Archers Academy Certificate
- Detailed hand-outs of all course content
- A bag of Archers coffee to enjoy and share
- A new life skill
- More coffee friends
You get to learn about:
- Brief history of coffee
- Growing regions
2. Coffee itself
- Coffee as plant, fruit, & seed
- Most common species
- Differences between species
- Quality - What is Specialty?
3. Supply Chain
- Farm-to-cup journey
- Harvesting & processing
- Chain from producers to consumers
4. Roasting & Storage
- Roasting process basics
- Why & ways to prolong freshness
5. Sensory Experience
- Our human senses
- Influences on taste recognition & flavor perception
- Origin & terroir
6. Brewing Overview
- Common methods
- Basic extraction principles
- Water quality & temperature
- Sensory impact of extraction
- Cupping introduction
Dave Peralta is Co-Founder & Head of Education at Archers. Throughout his 15 years in the coffee industry, he has taken each opportunity to expand his knowledge & give back by teaching a range of coffee disciplines to diverse students in the UAE & abroad.
He is an SCA AST, Q Lecturer, Q Grader, & holds Q Processing credentials. He also obtained a CAS in Coffee from ZHAW University and WSET in Wine & Spirits: Level 2 to complement his coffee education.