Data / Parameters
COFFEE-TO-WATER RATIO: 1:17
COFFEE AGE: 7 days past roast date
COFFEE DOSE: 15 grams
WATER WEIGHT: 255 mL
TEMPERATURE: 90°C to 93°C
TARGET BREWING TIME: 2 minutes 30 seconds to 3 minutes
Step by step guide:
- Heat water to the recommended temperature.
- Arrange your brewing set-up.
- Place your dripper on the carafe & filter paper in the dripper.
- Rinse the filter paper with hot water & remove the rinsing water from the carafe.
- Switch on your scale.
- Measure out 15 g of coffee & grind to Medium.
- Place the carafe & Kalita dripper with the rinsed filter paper onto the scale, & tare.
- Transfer the ground coffee to the dripper, & tare.
- Start the timer & first pour to bloom, 55ml for 30 seconds.
- Swirl to agitate and to make sure all coffee grounds are saturated.
- Second pour, 100 ml at 00:30.
- Third pour, the final 100ml at 1:15 in a slow circular motion going to the center, pour until 1:30.
- Serve & enjoy!
- If brewing time takes less than 2 minutes, set your grind size finer.
- If brewing time takes more than 3 minutes, set your grind size coarser.