Data / Parameters
COFFEE-TO-WATER RATIO: 1:17
COFFEE AGE: 7 days past roast date
COFFEE DOSE: 15 grams
WATER WEIGHT: 255 mL
TEMPERATURE: 90°C to 93°C
TARGET BREWING TIME: 2 to 3 minutes
METHOD USED: Inverted
Step by step guide:
- Heat water to the recommended temperature.
- Arrange your brewing set-up.
- Place filter paper on lid above the carafe, and rinse with plenty of hot water.
- Position Aeropress in inverted position. Pour hot water and rinse.
- Switch on your scale.
- Measure out 15 g of coffee & grind and gently shake to even out the grounds.
- Place the aeropress brewer on scale, & tare.
- Transfer the ground coffee to aeropress, & tare.
- Start the timer and pour to circular motion to 50 grams in 10 seconds.
- Stir 10 times clockwise to make sure all coffee grounds on the bottom and near the walls are saturated.
- Let it bloom until 30 seconds.
- After 00:30, pour to total 255 mL in circular motion.
- Place lid cover and screw tightly.
- At 1:45, carefully flip the aeropress onto the carafe. Swirl twice to remove grounds stuck to the walls.
- At 2:00, gently plunge the aeropress down to extract the filtered coffee onto the carafe. Keep going until you hear a hissing sound.
- This should only take 20-30 seconds.
- Remove aeropress, and gently swirl the carafe.
- Serve & enjoy!
- If brewing takes shorter time than 2 minutes when plunging, set your grind size finer.
- If brewing takes longer time than 3 minutes when plunging, set your grind size coarser.
- If the aeropress is difficult to plunge and won't budge, try grinding coarser. (Finer coffee creates more resistance.)
- Always make sure that the paper filter is inserted properly to avoid coffee grounds going down the final brew.