Data / Parameters
COFFEE-TO-WATER RATIO: 1:15
COFFEE AGE: 7 days past roast date
COFFEE DOSE: 17 grams
WATER WEIGHT: 255 mL
TEMPERATURE: 90°C to 93°C
TARGET BREWING TIME: 5 to 6 minutes
Step by step guide:
- Heat water to the recommended temperature.
- Arrange your brewing set-up.
- Rinse the device with hot water to ensure its clean and pre-heated.
- Discard water when the device is warm enough.
- Switch on your scale.
- Measure out 17 g of coffee & grind to Coarse setting. Tare.
- Place the French Press device onto the scale, & tare.
- Transfer the ground coffee to the device, & tare.
- Start the timer and pour 55ml of water to the brewer in a circular motion.
- Use a spoon and stir 5x, to make sure that all coffees are saturated.
- At 00:30, pour the remaining 200ml.
- Allow it to brew for 4 minutes.
- At 4:00, skim out the coffee crust (top layer) using your spoon and dispose.
- Place the plunger/lid until it only hits the surface of the coffee.
- At 05:00, transfer all the brew into your cup to prevent further extraction.
- Serve & enjoy!
- Don't plunge until the bottom, let the coffee grounds sink and only use the plunger as a strainer.
- Coffees brewed with French Press tend to be muddy, you may use a paper filter when transferring to another carafe/cup to eliminate finer coffee particles.
- If the brew is too sour, set your grind size finer.
- If the brew is too bitter, set your grind size coarser.